The Best (Only) Way to Shop/Dine Downtown

One of the greatest things about Charleston is the AMAZING window shopping!

Yes. Along with countless accolades and massive hoards of tourists comes the need for high end stores and "innovative", overpriced restaurants.

So here is my love letter to places I will NEVER afford, never be FOOLISH enough to drop the cash on or NEVER step foot in!






1) Charleston Grill

I know people that work there! They are really sweet. Unfortunately, their prices make me sad. $66 for AN ENTREE! Someone take me back to Kickin Chicken!


2) Peninsula Grill

Their coconut cake...YA'LL!!! wooo. It's good. & I HATE coconut cake. How could I afford such a decadent slice of heaven??!! Yeah...my boss brought it in for the office once. So it was GRATIS. Which will probably be the last time I ever taste it. Their menu doesn't have prices...YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!


3) Louis Vuitton

Yeah...I think someone brought this here as a joke. NO ONE CAN AFFORD THIS CRAP! That's why Saks Fifth Avenue closed across the street and why I guffawed when it was replaced with a Forever 21.
{hello $1.80 nail polish and $5 v-necks!}



4) Gwynn's

Some people may not be familiar with this store but it will SHOCK you! Don't let it's location in Mount Pleasant fool you. They sell products like $400 button downs and $1,000 purses.
{You can look but don't touch!}




Window shopping and menu drooling makes me laugh! I mean, I know that consumers of these locations are tourists a majority of the time BUT someone has to come to these places during the slow season. And you know these places have local "regulars".

It honestly shocks me and it makes me wonder where these elite and rich are hiding. Obviously the Battery and some areas of Daniel Island and Mt. Pleasant. I guess I'm sheltered by my fellow poor post grads, college students and hipsters.

Not a bad life to live...



peace easy,

the fourth.




0 love notes:

Post a Comment