A Guide To Parking Downtown

HELLLLLOOOOOOO!

I've lived downtown for four years and now I am transitioning to a slower, slightly more boring but way more fabulous lifestyle in Mount Pleasant.

Sadly, I can no longer just walk, bike or stumble outside my door to take advantage of beautiful downtown Chuck. Sooo...here is where I'll be parking.



1) The Battery
Usually the last option for people. I never park here but my sister does when she stays for extended visits. IT'S AWESOME. She literally parked here for two weeks once. KREH. But it's super far away from places that you'll actually want to be.

2) Behind Addlestone
People usually forget about this one. On the weekends, you can park here FO' FREE because it isn't being used by CofC faculty. SUH-WEET.

3)  Secret pockets in Charleston that parking people NEVER check.
There are places south of Broad and east of Meeting that people NEVER check. This is how food & bev people usually park downtown. They know of all the secret pockets that we miss. Like Charlotte Street or Tradd Street!

ADVICE:

4) Pray to the Parking Gods.
Park in a high traffic residential area. Pray that a parking attendant won't notice that you've parked there WAY past the 1 hour limit.  
WARNING: This usually never works. The Parking Gods that watch over Charleston are HUGE a**holes!

5) Be that lucky son of a gun that gets a broken meter.
Every time I park in a broken meter, I want to sing a song of joy a la The Sound Of Music.

6)  If you are a great actor, just get the ticket.
And perform your best sob routine to the DMV. {P.S. they love it if you tell them you're poor, new in town or that you were running late for school when it happened}


peace easy,

the fourth.

P.S. I heard that this office building has free parking all weekend! Just found this out on Wednesday! PERFECT parking for Farmer's Market on Saturdays.





0 love notes:

Post a Comment