dude. where have I been?!




I'll tell you where I've been. TRYING TO FIND SHELTER.

Up until last Thursday, I was homeless. My lease ends TODAY.

Yeah....I felt like this.










But thank GOODNESS for Craigslist and my persistence. I'll be living in Mount Pleasant starting tomorrow. I'm really nervous. I love EVERYTHING about downtown. The bums yelling out my window, drunken fights outside my front door, biking to work and being a stumble away from the bars.

I AM NOT AFRAID OF CHANGE. So I am taking this as an opportunity for a fresh start and reevaluation. {plus I'm LITERALLY only 8 mins from downtwon}

However, DRAG ME BACK DOWNTOWN IF:

1) I go to the gym three times a day, live in my workout clothes and become a robot Mt. Pleasant mom.

2) I become obsessed with Towne Centre, small coffee shops and Whole Foods.

3) I start hating downtown and quote the usual -
  • "Downtown is too crowded."
  • "You have to walk everywhere."
  • "It's too expensive."
  • "There's nowhere to park."
4) All I talk about is how much better Mt. Pleasant is compared to downtown.



Seriously, I am afraid of losing the culture and semi-grit of downtown. I am afraid of monotony {which my boyfriend keeps reminding me is LITERALLY impossible and irrational}. Maybe it's a scapegoat. Maybe I'm really just going to miss the times I had downtown....

ANYWAY for right now I'm blaming this anxiety on Mount Pleasant so...yeah.

At least I'll have a pool...

Peace easy,

the fourth.


P.S. The City of Charleston had to pick up FIVE TONS of trash as a result of everybody moving out this weekend. THAT'S CRAZY!





0 love notes:

Post a Comment