the anti-dowry.

Whattt???

Remember that antiquated tradition of dowries? You know, the one they practiced in colonial North America, Victorian England and still practice in South Asia? I just realized something hilarious and also slightly depressing...


I HAVE AN ANTI-DOWRY.


For those of you who don't know what a dowry is, (and if you don't know then you should give your elementary history teacher a call) it's money, goods or an estate that a woman brings to her husband or new family.





Unfortunately, with college education being capitalized and me being poor as sh&t, I have an anti-dowry. That means that any man that takes on this lucky girl will also inherit the thousands of dollars that I owe the U.S. government. future husband if you are reading this, good luck.

 
On the bright side there is also something called a trousseau. A trousseau is a dowry consisting of mainly linen and clothing. You're in good luck future husband! Not only do I have debt but I also have an overwhelming shopping habit. So my trousseau is pretty damn expansive. I got clothes with tags on them, clothes I never wear, clothes I NEVER will wear, clothes with sentimental value, ugly clothes, cute clothes, cheap clothes...the list goes on! YAY ME!



Peace easy,

the fourth.

P.S. No this is not my closet. Mine looks 10X worse than that.

0 love notes:

Post a Comment